Sagar Snake Society led by Cheerla Sagar, Traffic Cop from Telangana Police

0
585
sagar snake society

Traffic Constable by name Mr. Cheerla Sagar, Sagar Snake Society, who is working in as a Traffic Constable in Wanaparthy, the new district in Telangana had remarkably caught 100 plus snakes in the surrounding areas and making the public aware of the importance of snakes and their survival for the environment.

We believe that snakes can harm a human, even it can easily kill a human but at the same time anti-venom and also other important medication for humans is coming from the snake venom, and hence it is important to protect snakes in the environment.

YouTube has become a platform for many snake catchers to show the tips and tricks in catching the snakes and also helps in knowing the behavior of few highly poisonous snakes in India, Meanwhile they suggest not to try on yourself because proper training is required to do the thing and videos cant train us properly as we cannot risk our lives on the things which we are not subject matter experts.

Let’s look at the journey of Cheerla Sagar,

Cheerla Sagar had come up with his first snake catching the video on Sep 2, 2018, i.e approximately 11 months of time and he demonstrated the instance of catching the live snake into the bottle.

Currently, he is having a separate YouTube channel which has got 78k subscribers who watch and keep track of his videos on YouTube.

Apart from commercials which he can make through YouTube, he is actually serving the people of his native district to the core with his skills in catching the snakes and this could be possible the help of his senior officials (who allocated his valuable time for this kind of NGO activity).

He also showed the videos of relieving those venomous snakes into the thick forest without harming them. This actually gives awareness among the public towards handling the snakes.

As we see, there are numerous deaths due which occurred due to snake bites, just because of cardiac arrest which prevailed due to tension and anxiety in the snakebite victims. Hence he also mentioned few tips on how to get treated, if a snake bite is noted.

There had been few surveys which state that snake bites are little compared to other seasons and hence we need to be careful and need to take proper precautions during the rainy season.

With the monsoon season, snakebite victims grow. In the vicinity of the home, pollution becomes a habitat for toxins. Insects, frogs, and mice are more susceptible to water storage potholes and tree shrubs around our homes. Wherever they are, there are usually snakes. That is why it is important to keep the surroundings clean. Due to the rains around the house, the plants that are grown should be removed from the grass at all times. The sunny surroundings stay clean. from July to September we consider as the rainy season during which we need to be careful.

Caution is required

Usually, people immediately know that a snake is bitten. However, these animals can quickly bite and disappear before the people have time to respond.

Most snake bites cause pain and swelling around the bite. Toxins can cause fever, headaches, convulsions, and cramps. However, these symptoms can also be caused by severe fear after the bite.

The bite can cause an allergic reaction in some people, including anaphylaxis.

All venomous snakes can give a dry bite, they are a bite that does not inject toxins. They do this because they have limited toxic stores, so they save toxins wherever possible. According to estimates, 20-25 percent of Pit Viper bites and 50 percent of coral snake bites are dry bites.

Below, we discuss the characteristics of the venomous and nonvenous snake bites in more detail.

Symptoms of a poisonous snake bite

Poisonous snakes have two fangs, which provide toxins when biting. The venomous snake bite usually leaves two obvious puncture marks. In contrast, a non-bite leaves marks of two rows of teeth.

It is difficult to tell the difference between poison and puncture wounds from nonvenomous snakes. People need to seek medical help for snake bites.

Common symptoms of a poisonous snake bite include:

  1. Two puncture wounds
  2. Swelling and pain around the bite area
  3. Redness and injuries around the bite area
  4. Cramps of the face, especially in the mouth
  5. Increased heart rate
  6. Difficulty in breathing
  7. Dizziness
  8. Weakness
  9. Headaches
  10. Blurred vision
  11. Excessive sweating
  12. Fever
  13. Thirst
  14. Nausea
  15. Vomiting
  16. Diarrhea
  17. Epilepsy
  18. Convulsions

Symptoms of a nonvenomous snake bite

Nonvenomous snakes do not produce toxins. Unlike poisonous snakes, they have no fangs. Instead, they have rows of teeth.

Some of the symptoms of a nonvenomous snake bite include:

  1. Pain near the bite area
  2. Bleeding
  3. Swelling and redness near the bite area
  4. Itching near the bite area

Without treatment, non-venomous bites can also lead to skin infections and necrosis or tissue death, so looking at the wound is essential. The bite can also cause allergic reactions in some people.

Caution is required.

When going to the fields at night, it is advisable to wear gumboots up to the knees. Snakes simply absorb sound waves and are alert. Therefore, making noise is important to that the snakes are alerted and the snakes go away. It is best to wear pants that cover the foot. Torchlight and stick carry is essential if you go to the farm at night.

The risk level also depends on the amount of venom injected into the victim’s body during the bite. The effect of generalized toxin takes some time. The toxic effect of blackheads can be very quick and lethal.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here